Report a Loss
We hope that you will never experience a loss, but rest assured that if you do, our claims department is unmatched in providing the highest level of service in the industry.
In case of an Automobile Loss
Take the following steps if you are in an auto accident:
- Call 911 to report any injuries and the accident.
- Do not accept fault for the accident.
- Turn on your hazard lights. If possible, use flares, cones, and warning triangles.
- If it’s a minor accident, move cars out of the road.
- Exchange information including: Name, Address, Insurance company & policy number, Driver's License & Plate number
- Make notes and, if possible, take pictures of the accident.
- Obtain all necessary contact information for any possible witnesses.
- Don’t leave the scene of the accident until a police officer advises you to do so.
- Notify McSweeney & Ricci or your insurance company directly.
In case of a Property Loss
If you suffer a loss to your home, take the following steps:
- Make sure the premises are safe and secure. Report any crime to the police.
- Do not alter the condition of your home before an adjuster inspects it. However, make temporary repairs to prevent further damages and save receipts for your repair purchases.
- Contact McSweeney & Ricci or your insurance company directly.
- Prepare a list of lost or damaged items.
- Fill out and file claims forms. Claims forms can be found on our website.
- Arrange for an adjuster to inspect the damage.
For more information, call us toll free 800-843-6143